In this huge episode you’ll be certain to take home some brilliant advice when it comes to why you might not be losing fat.
Ben walks us through common weight loss plateaus that he’s helped his clients overcome throughout his 10 years as a personal trainer.
He has the incredible ability to simplify topics that are often quite difficult to understand but more importantly he provides lots of actionable advice!
- Top reasons why you may not be losing body fat- it’s not what you think!
- The challenges of calorie counting and common errors you might be making.
- The mistaken belief that you’re burning more calories than you actually are, even if you’re using activity trackers.
- Macro-counting formulas and what you need to factor in when using calorie calculators.
- Why your body likes to sit at a certain weight and an in-depth discussion on adaptive thermogenesis.
Quotes & Take-Aways
“Making mistakes in your diet is part of the parcel, it’s not something to be embarrassed about but to be aware about, in order to make better decisions”
“Eyeballing food calories is so close to being impossible that it’s one of the things I talk about the most, little things like cooking with slightly more oil than you realize”.
“Generally speaking, someone who’s heavier will burn more calories for the same unit of exercise. Your one-mile run for example won’t burn as many calories as it did when you were heavier”.
Connect with Ben:
Thanks for listening and the support – if you enjoyed this episode, I hope you can leave the podcast a rating and review on iTunes, and if you haven’t subscribed yet, this is the best time to do that too. This will help the show to get up in the rankings.