This week we’re chatting with Ben Smith who ran an epic 401 marathons in 401 days.
Why 401? What prompted Ben to take on such a challenge when he’d only really just started out running fairly recently? Ben shares how running helped transform his life and provided a way for him to find happiness and greatly improve not only his physical but his mental health too.
We’ll chat about some of the hardest parts of the challenge, the annoying injuries, his secret rice and chicken post-race fuel, the people he met and the lessons he learned.
- The birth of the 401 Challenge
- What were the reasons behind the 401 Challenge
- What is the nutrition plan Ben followed during the challenge
- Ben’s daily routine while doing the 401 challenge
- The injuries he had during the challenge
- Strange moments Ben had in the challenge
- The most rewarding moment when he finished the marathons
Quotes & Take-Aways
I wanted to in a way bottled up my experience and give it to other people to challenged them to do things that they never thought they could do before
Food became not just a motivation but a necessity to complete what I did for both my mental health and my physical recovery
The body will tell you when it hurts and if it’s telling you it hurts you need to stop doing what you’re doing and do something different
Getting up was easy, it was the doing part that is hard
Connect with Ben:
Thanks for listening and the support – if you enjoyed this episode, I hope you can leave the podcast a rating and review on iTunes, and if you haven’t subscribed yet, this is the best time to do that too. This will help the show to get up in the rankings.