Jambalaya originates from Louisiana. It is a spicy, high protein, gluten free dish that you will love.
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 40 mins | Kcal 387 | Protein: 24g | Carbs: 56g | Fat: 8g | Yield: 5 Portions
Recipe by: | *Nutrition values per portion
How To Make Cajun Chicken Jambalaya
- Chop the chicken breast and add the chicken to a pan with the garlic and coconut oil and gently fry. Just before it is ready add the chopped onion, peppers and 2 tsp of Cajun spice and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add the rice (uncooked), chopped tomatoes, stock, remaining Cajun spice, chilli flakes, sweet corn (drained) and salt and pepper to the pan.
- Simmer for 30-40mins until the majority of the liquid has been absorbed.
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- 700ml Stock
- 4 tsb Cajun Spice
- 1 tsb Chilli Flakes
- 300g Brown Rice (dry weight)
- 500g Chicken Breast
- 150g Sweet Corn
- 1 tsb Coconut or Olive Oil
- salt and pepper