A Recipe For Wheat & Sugar Free Banana Loaf
Want to know how to make a protein banana bread? Not only that, but what about a banana loaf that is wheat free and sugar free too?
This quick recipe for protein banana bread is one you can easily make at home using ingredients that you probably already have in your cupboard. Because let's face it, there are lots of high protein baking recipes out there but most of them use complicated ingredients that you probably have never heard of, let alone keep in the cupboard (brown rice protein anyone?).
Our recipe is wheat free as we've used oat flour instead (don't worry, you just make this by blitzing raw porridge oats in the blender). Instead of piling in a lot of sugar, this protein banana bread recipe uses the sweetness from the protein powder and a sugar substitute too, result!
The end product is not only a super tasty banana loaf but one that has good macros which means it's easy to include as part of a healthy meal plan. If you like this recipe, make sure to check out our recipe for sweet potato protein brownies too.
Prep Time: 2 mins | Cook Time: 50 mins | Kcal 147 | Protein: 9g | Carbs: 21g | Fat: 3g | Yield: 1 Loaf (8 slices)
Recipe by: | *Nutrition values per portion
Making Our Banana Bread Recipe
- 170g instant hot oat cereal or oat flour (blended oats)
- 2 scoops whey protein
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 10g Splenda or sugar substitute
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 50g raisins
- 1 whole egg
- 150ml water
- 1 large banana (the riper the better)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a large bowl combine the oat flour, whey protein, baking powder, salt, Splenda, cinnamon and raisins and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine the water, eggs and banana, blend for a few seconds.
- Add the dry ingredients to the food processor and mix everything together until you have a consistency that is similar to a thick pancake mixture.
- Grease a bread tin with butter or coconut oil and then empty protein banana bread mixture and spread evenly.
- Bake for 45 to 50 min.
- Once the protein bread has cooked, removed from the oven and let cool for 10 min.