Badass Chicken Recipe
If you’re looking for a recipe for badass chicken then look no further.
Why is this high protein recipe so badass you ask? If you make it you'll experience super-tasty, succulent, moist chicken due to the delicious yet very easy marinade. The spicy sweet potato wedges for your carbohydrates go really well with the chicken too. If you don't have Jamaican jerk seasoning for the wedges then you can use any other spice mix in your cupboard. For example, this works just as well with Cajun spice, fajita seasoning, steakhouse pepper etc.
Prep Time: 5 min, 2-3 hours for chicken to marinade | Cook Time: 30 mins | Kcal 402 | Protein: 30g | Carbs: 57g | Fat: 6g | Yield: 4 Portions
Recipe by: | *Nutrition values per portion
Making Our Badass Chicken Recipe
- 450g chicken breasts**
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tbsp. olive oil (for the marinade)
- 3 tbsp. 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. mixed herbs
- 1 kg sweet potato chopped into wedges, with the skin on
- 2 tbsp. jerk seasoning
- 2 tbsp. olive oil (for the wedges)
- In a large bowl; combine the garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice and mixed herbs. Add the chicken to the marinade and leave covered in the fridge for at least an hour, if not longer.
- Once the chicken is ready, preheat your oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Arrange the wedges on a baking tray and drizzle with the remaining 2 tbsp. of olive oil and the jerk seasoning, make sure the sweet potato is nicely covered then place the tray into the oven for 30 minutes, turning once half way through.
- Remove the chicken from the bowl and discard the marinade. To cook the chicken you can either place it into the oven, on a separate baking tray for 20-25 minutes or gently pan fry.